Summer libations: Pink & Ginger
Author: Amanda Baxter
Mauritius; the word alone is evocative of white beaches, blue skies, warm sun and its lush green mountains. The rare pink pigeon – yes, it is a real, though endangered, bird – lands nearby your sun lounger and glances at the tall drink by your hand, beads of condensation running down the glass. Whether you are sunning yourself in your garden or watching the rain from your living room, let us take you to warmer climes with our botanically-spiced Mauritian rum, the Pink Pigeon; best served with spicy food inspired by the Indian-influenced cuisine of the island.
Simple and fresh, anyone can make this cocktail, and you probably already have the ingredients in your cupboard at home.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add 35ml Pink Pigeon rum.
- Add the juice of half a lime.
- Top up with spicy ginger beer and stir.
- Add a dash or two of Angostura bitters.
- Serve with a lime wedge and a straw.
Discover our range of wines and spirits for the summer season on bbr.com.